the [alternate] patriot


 

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

UK's Left and Right BOTH attack Bush.

 
Are you of the school that tends to go to the BBC to get non-biased news?

A colleague from the UK recently brought to my attention two newspapers of equivalent stout as that given to the New York Times. One was the far "right" paper, Telegraph.co.uk, and the other the far "left" paper, The guardian.co.uk. Colleague happily brought to my attention, both papers attacking Bush. I began to peruse them tonight (well actually I could not access the telegraph's web site) but I came across a few 9/11 related materials on the Guardian's site.... Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Bush given hijack alert before 9/11: "in 1998, suggesting that Osama bin Laden wanted to hijack US aircraft to force the release of an imprisoned radical cleric."

Check them out, see what you find...

p.s. No, I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes (this is not nearly as important as civil rights, and the like!) Make more, pay more. However, if the U.S. didn't incur quite so much indebtedness on telling others that our opinion counts more than theirs, perhaps I would get to keep a bigger share of my gross income. That could go to buying a house and settling down. Maybe even in Kennebunk Port *wink*.


Comments: Post a Comment

Copyright © 2001-03 Pam Shorey
(except the specific sources credited in quotes)